Wednesday, September 11, 2024

2023 - The Gathering of the Clan

 After Abbey22 I was very excited to hear that my third daughter (plus husband and 3 kids) was intending to return to Australia after 10 years overseas... and wanted to resume reenacting with us :-)  Needless to say this resulted in a flurry of activity and Making Stuff ;-)  We'd need a bigger kitchen tent, somewhere for all the kids (5 grandkids, and all reenactors!), they'd need a tent to sleep in, costumes, shoes, rugs, hangings... and they were planning on returning about 6 weeks before Abbey23.

I made more toys and the like to go into the toy basket, but the highlight was a 1:10 scale model of one of the tents that they could set up from scratch, more or less, like the big ones.


I also put together a lantern (the goatskin came from an old drum) with a tiny olive oil lamp in it, painted myself a cup, and embroidered a cushion cover for the Idiot Box (so called because it took 8 hours to make the box and only about 10 days to paint it because I was hyper and obsessing LOL)


AROW (in May) let us test out the kids' tent - reenactorlings need their own area - and the new bigger kitchen;


and I made the kids some period-ish plates.



I think Abbey23 was a bit of a culture shock, especially for the kids, but they all managed and had a great time :-)
(photo courtesy of traceydee photography)




No comments: