Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back into it...

So after 5 years I'm getting back into re-enactment... When I gave it up I sold most of my stuff (tent, costumes, eating gear, yada yada) or donated it to the group I left (and it became flood-damaged and they threw it out LOL), so I have very little left to start again with.

This blog's probably going to end up as a lengthy discussion of making of medieval bits and pieces, but first let's examine what I don't have to make: I have one 'good' costume (silk brocade, real pearls, coral) and accoutrements (belt, pouch, bits'n'pieces to hang from the belt: comb, keys, snips, needlecase, sharpening stone and so forth) and a headpiece and veil. I have a couple of trunks, a lute, a chair and a water barrel; I have some spinning stuff (spindles, wool, carding combs, so forth). I think I have some wooden bowls and platters somewhere... and a couple of rugs...

Gonna be busy.

1 comment:

Lucheiah said...

But that's half the fun!